Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Christine Langemeijer

Hi guys it's week nineteen of TAT already, can you believe it?? Times flying like crazy, this whole year actually, just leaving a slight 'whooshing' noise as it's passing by my ears. This weeks featured artist is Christine Langemeijer, hope you enjoy:

Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are.
Would I have been an artist if I had not got fybromyalgia, I don't know. But I'm very happy found art. I learned my art from books and youtube clips.

What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?
At the moment my biggest challenge is to find right balance between my art activities and my energy and pain levels. I have a whole range of things I can do for good, bad and in between days, so even when I feel really bad I can do something positive. I break lots of the activities down in different stages so I can pace myself.
What is the best thing / worst thing that art has brought into your life?
I don't think there is a worst thing about doing my art, the fact that I found it and it fills my life with something positive is one of the best things that happen to me. I found a direction in life and I can make it work on what ever level I can manage that day.
Do you ever lose your mojo, and if so, how do you get it back?
When everything gets to much often my art activities are the first to suffer, no energy, sore hands, empty head and a journal with lots of empty pages does not work very well. I turn to book and look at other peoples art and try to get ideas from that. I also just doodle or zentangle on small bit of cotton and make card out of them, it always gives you the feeling you achieved something and I'm still doing something.

Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art?
I like sharing my art with others and I was on Julie Fei Balzer blog but I have no blog.

Thank you Christine for sharing your story and allowing us to see where your art drive comes from. I really like what you said about doing your zentangles ~ I think it's important for everyone to do something small like that, no matter how small it is, everyday. Sometimes it's difficult to remember that, this weekend for example I wanted nothing less than to do art, but I did...and I felt, as you say, like I have achieved something that day.

If you would like to be a featured artist please click the TAT lady (over there ---->) for more info =)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely work!!! Jennibellie!!! I just caught up with about a gazillion TELL ALL TUESDAYS here... i'll need to come back to leave comments. Just wanted to say hello, and hope you're doing well. So glad to see so many other wonderful artists sharing their art here. You are such a generous heart Jenny... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very motivational! Thank you Christine for sharing this, and thank you Jenni for giving her the space to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being here and sharing with us, Christine. I love your artwork.

    I also have FMS and RA and it does make life more challenging. Art is always the first thing to go for me, unfortunately, as I also work full time at a paying job. I loved your idea of do something such as zentangle a card, and I need to get better about this. Good suggestion.

    I love your artwork and your spirit. Your creativity shines from here.

    Thank you, Jennibellie. It is always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wondeful artwork!
    Thank you Christine for sharing this and thank you Jenny for your kindness!

    The new video with the flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Christine for sharing your Art and honesty .Warm regards x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...